Are you ready to turn your dream of owning a home into a reality?
The first step to making this dream come true is finding the best mortgage deal. But with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. That’s where we come in; Our team of experts are here to unlock the secrets to finding the best mortgage deal for your dream home. We understand that this is one of the biggest financial decisions you’ll ever make, and we’re here to guide you every step of the way. From understanding the different types of mortgages to knowing what factors lenders consider when evaluating your application, we’ve got you covered. So, whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or looking to refinance, let us help you navigate the mortgage market and secure the best deal for your dream home.
Understanding the Importance of Finding the Best Mortgage Deal
Buying a home is a significant investment, and finding the best mortgage deal is crucial. A mortgage is a long-term commitment that can impact your finances for years to come. By securing the best mortgage deal, you can save thousands of pounds over the life of your loan. Additionally, a favourable mortgage deal can provide you with peace of mind and financial stability.
When you find the best mortgage deal, you not only save money on your monthly payments but also have more flexibility in your budget. This means you can allocate your resources towards other financial goals, such as saving for retirement, education, or emergencies.
Ultimately, finding the best mortgage deal is about striking the right balance between your short-term and long-term financial goals. It’s about finding a mortgage that aligns with your budget, lifestyle, and future plans.
Types of Mortgages Available
When it comes to mortgages, there are several types to choose from. Understanding the different options can help you make an informed decision and find the best mortgage deal for your dream home. Here are some of the most common types of mortgages available:
Fixed vs variable interest rate – a fixed interest rate gives you the security that your interest rates and payments will stay the same each month. In comparison a variable rate can change at any point as it will either tracker the lender variable rate or the Bank of England base rate.
Repayment vs interest only – a repayment mortgage is where you are paying off the mortgage balance each month so at the end of your full mortgage term you would have paid your mortgage off if you keep up with all of your monthly payments. For an interest only mortgage you only pay the interest each month so your monthly payment would be lower but you will not pay down the mortgage balance, so you would need a way of repaying the mortgage at the end of the mortgage term.
2 year product vs a 5 year product – when looking for the best mortgage deal, your advisor will discuss how long you plan to be in the property as well as your short and long term goals. These will be a large factor in how long your mortgage product is secured for.
Joint borrower sole proprietor – this mortgage type is great with helping on affordability. You can have a family member named on your mortgage with you to help with affordability without them being named on the property. There are various factors that affect whether this mortgage is suitable for you and your requirements. At Willow Brook Mortgages our specialist advisors can discuss this option with you in more depth.
Shared ownership mortgage – a shared ownership mortgage is where you buy part of the house and rent the remaining percentage. Shared ownership can assist with getting on the property ladder as you will only pay deposit on the share you are purchasing. Your specialist advisor will be able to discuss this option and factor in the rent payment to go through your affordability for shared ownership mortgages.
Offset mortgage – for an offset mortgage you can put savings in to an account which is attached to your mortgage. The savings will be offset against your mortgage balance before the interest is calculated. Lenders vary on when they calculate the interest for your monthly payments. Your mortgage advisor will be able to discuss this option with you and calculate whether the amount you have in savings will benefit you on an offset mortgage.
This section summarises some of the main types of mortgage available. At Willow Brook Mortgages we have access to over 100 lenders, so your mortgage advisor will be able to discuss the types of mortgage with you to find the best mortgage deal for your requirements.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Mortgage
When choosing a mortgage, several factors come into play. Lenders consider these factors when evaluating your mortgage application, and you should also take them into account when you are thinking about getting a mortgage. Here are some key factors to consider:
1. Credit Score: Your credit score plays a significant role in your ability to qualify for a mortgage and the interest rate you’ll be offered. A higher credit score generally results in better mortgage terms and lower interest rates. Before applying for a mortgage, it’s a good idea to check your credit score and address any issues that might negatively impact it.
2. Deposit: The amount of money you can put towards your deposit affects the type of mortgage qualify for and the overall cost of your mortgage. A larger deposit often translates into better mortgage deals and lower monthly payments. However, there are mortgage options available that require lower deposits from 5% of the property value, making homeownership more accessible for some.
3. Employment History and Income Stability: Lenders prefer borrowers with a stable employment history and consistent income. These factors assure lenders that you have the ability to make your mortgage payments. If you’re self-employed most lenders will require 2-3 years history of self employed income. If you have a more unique income source or your new to your area of work, our specialist mortgage advisors will be able to advise you on your options.
5. Loan Term: The full term of your mortgage affects the total cost of your loan and your monthly payments. Shorter loan terms typically have higher monthly payments but result in substantial interest savings over the life of the loan because you pay interest for a shorter period of time. Longer loan terms often have lower monthly payments but result in higher overall interest costs.
Considering these factors and how they align with your financial situation and long-term goals will help you make an informed decision when choosing a mortgage. It’s essential to find a mortgage that fits your needs and provides you with the best possible terms.
Steps to Finding the Best Mortgage Deal
Now that you understand the importance of finding the best mortgage deal and the factors to consider when choosing a mortgage, let’s dive into the steps you can take to secure the best mortgage deal for your dream home. At Willow Brook Mortgages you will be assigned your own advisor who will support you from the first point of contact until you get the keys to your new home. Below are some steps that we will work through to get you the best mortgage deal;
1. Assess Your Financial Situation: Your advisor will discuss your financial situation, including your income, expenses, assets, and debts. Understanding your financial standing will help determine how much you can afford to borrow and repay comfortably each month.
2. Calculate Your Budget: Based on your financial assessment, we will look at interest rates and monthly mortgage payments. This will give you a clear picture of what you can afford and help you set realistic expectations.
3. Get Pre-Approved: once your advisor has calculated your maximum affordability for a mortgage, they will provide you with a decision in principle. This certificate evidences that you have discussed your affordability with a mortgage broker. A lot of estate agents and mortgage brokers will require this evidence to view and secure a property. Some estate agents and new build developers will also require an agreement in principle. The difference for an agreement in principle is that it involves a credit check with a lender. Your advisor will look at which lender is most suitable for you and can put this in place when required as well.
4. Research and Compare Mortgage Lenders: With access to over 100 lenders and 1000’s of mortgage products, your advisor will find you the best lender for your mortgage. We understand lenders criteria and affordability assessments to ensure you have the best mortgage deal.
5. Understand Mortgage products: When running checks online you will often find that a bank or building society will only show their own mortgage products and not the whole mortgage market. Comparison sites are usually set up to show you the lowest interest rates but this doesn’t take in to account any fees charged by the lender. Your mortgage advisor will look for the best overall mortgage product taking in to account the interest rate payable and any fees involved at different stages with the lender.
By carrying out the research and communication with the lender; we can save you time, effort and money on finding the best mortgage deal
Click here to speak to one of our advisors today to find the best mortgage deal
Categorised in: Uncategorized[Sassy_Social_Share]